- Splash face with cold water – this produces the dive reflex and causes your brain to send messages to your body to slow down.
- Count down from 100 as fast as you can and repeat.
- Listen to your favorite music and sing along to it.
- Tell yourself that what you are feeling are sensations; nothing more and that sensations never hurt anyone.
- Watch a funny video on TV or online and laugh out loud.
- Don’t look at yourself in the mirror, the more you focus on your symptoms the worse things get.
- Keep some apples in the fridge. Eat one, they are an excellent, healthy snack.
- Gently slap your cheeks and dance around – confuse your thoughts to distract them.
- Do not look up your symptoms on medical related websites. WebMD is not your friend.
- In the night, if you cannot sleep, get out of bed, turn on the TV, get a drink, eat an apple and keep moving.
- Talk to someone, but do NOT discuss your anxiety.
- Do something physical such as talking a walk, working out, or yoga.
- Do not sit down. Keep moving.
- At night, disconnect from computers or mobile devices at least an hour before bed, preferably longer. Those bright screens give off light waves that can keep your mind active for quite a while after. Also avoid the news or anything negative or violent.
- Drink lots of water, avoid alcohol and caffeine. Alcohol and caffeine cause dehydration, which interferes with proper brain and body functioning and is a common trigger for anxiety and depression.
Do any amount of these diversion tactics simultaneously if possible.
If you have tried the methods above and are still experiencing anxiety, I’d definitely recommend checking out the system that helped me eliminate my symptoms here (AF).
If you click through the link above, you’ll be taken directly to a discounted offer for over 50% the regular price and if you decide to make a purchase you would receive the system immediately. You can be on your way to eliminating your anxiety in a matter of minutes.
If you decide to make a purchase, I would receive a commission, at no additional cost to you. Thank you ahead of time for your support and I sincerely hope you are able to eliminate your anxiety symptoms!